We are excited for you to join the WHS Instrumental Music (WHSIM) program! The WHSIM department sincerely wishes that you enjoy your time with us and there are lot of ways for students and families to get involved!
“Parent support and direct hands-on involvement of parents in a comprehensive high school music program (wind bands, orchestras, choirs, musical theater, the pageantry arts) is necessary for such expansive student opportunities to even be possible. Without parents coordinating fund-raising, logistical support, and offering enthusiastic support to the students only a very limited experience in music would be available to students. The interaction between parents, students and staff is a unique community of collaboration, cooperation and celebration that enhances any educational institution of which it is a part”.
–Mr. Ken Karlin, WHSIM Director of Bands
Any questions about the band program, auditions, classes…?
At WHS, classes are called ensembles and are offered at different levels from beginning to advanced. Visit the New Band Family FAQ to learn the answers to common questions.
For student-specific questions (scheduling issues, etc.) feel free to email a director. Contact Info can be found on the Contact Staff page.
How can parents be involved?
We need parent volunteers! No musical skill necessary. The WHSIM Boosters coordinate volunteers, donations, and more! Learn how you can help!
What does it take to run a program of this size?
The WHS Instrumental Music Boosters (WHSIMB) is thrilled to offer this comprehensive music program to every student, regardless of the family’s contribution. No student will be denied the opportunity to participate due to costs. WHSIMB incurs the expenses of assistant instructors, instruments, music, equipment rental, classroom daily needs and many other expenses not covered by CVUSD. To cover these expenses, we must rely on donations from devoted parents/boosters who share our vision. Your Spirit Pack donation directly benefits our kids and makes possible all of the exciting experiences in the WHS Instrumental Music Department.
- Concert Band Auditions- Incoming StudentsConcert Band Auditions 2024/25 – 8th Grade and Incoming Students 8th Grade and Incoming Students ONLY (current WHS students will audition in class 4/8 – 4/12) Auditions will be from April 9-11, 2024 Click Here for the Sign-Up Genius! Please make sure to read the instructions! Where: Westlake High School Band Room (31G) Audition Materials: Click Here for the Audition Music!…
- Band YearbookWe are starting our 3rd quarter Fundraiser: Our WHS Instrumental Music Department YEARBOOK AD SALES! All instrumental music students will receive a FREE Yearbook at the end of the school year! Students and parents, we need your help to sell Business Advertisements and Parent Tribute Ads that will go in the Yearbook and help to fund all WHS instrumental ensembles—Regiment, Concert Bands, Orchestras, Jazz…
- Social Monk Restaurant FundraiserYou are invited to attend the WHSIM Fundraiser Night at Social Monk Asian Kitchen WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 202411:30 A.M. – 8:00 P.M. Social Monk Asian Kitchen4000 Thousand Oaks Blvd Spc C1Westlake Village, Ca 91362 20% OF FUNDRAISER SALES* WILL BE DONATED TO THE WHSIM BOOSTERS!
- The Kebab Shop Restaurant NightWednesday, Mar 27All dayThe Kebab Shop3980 Thousand Oaks BlvdThousand Oaks, CA 91362 To participate in this fundraiser, show this flyer during checkout at the store or order online at order.thekebabshop.com using the fundraiser coupon code below. Fundraiser Code:FUNDRAISER
- Orchestra AuditionsWHS Chamber and Concert Orchestra video auditions are due on Monday, April 8, 2024!