Our Booster Mission
The mission of the WHSIMB is to support the WHS Instrumental Music Department by providing a high level of parental involvement, volunteerism and fundraising to promote a high quality comprehensive musical education program.
The Boosters organization is a non-profit 501 (C) (3) organization comprised of parents of students and alumni of the Instrumental Music department of WHS.
What We Do:
- Fundraising – The Fundraising programs of the WHSIMB provide crucial funding for instruments, instrument repairs, music, Staff & Specialists salaries, trips, competition fees, enrichment opportunities and so much more.
- Spirit Pack – The dollar amount we ask of each participant to support the program
- Major Fundraising Programs – Food Truck Event, Westlake Jazz Festival, WHS IMD Yearbook, Patron Programs
- Smaller Fundraising Programs –Patron Program, Muvico Discount Tickets, Popcorn Sales @ Football Games, Conejo food and drink donations
- Corporate Sponsorships – We solicit local business to donate and offer various forms of recognition.
- Endowment Grants – We apply for educational grants from several organizations.
- Program Support – The Boostersprovide manpower/womanpower to all aspects of the music program
- Production support – provide supervision and labor for ensemble events and performances. This includes: Regiment semi-trailer and field show management, set up and teardown, building props, maintaining equipment.
- Travel coordination and chaperones – Support ensemble travel by managing all aspects of the travel planning, transportation, lodging, and logistics and provide trained chaperones.
- Food – Support ensemble events with meals, drinks and snacks.
- Concert dress, uniform and spirit ware – support thepurchase, fitting, distribution, maintenance and inventory.
- Publicity and communications – Provide publicity for ensemble events.
- Communication Support – Provide multiple channels of communication among Booster Board, Parents, students, and WHS Staff. Website, Email Blast, parent meetings, social media, announcements.
- Booster Organization Management – Manage all aspects of the Booster organization, recruiting, finance, coordination, planning, etc.