Attention Parents and Students:
Here is the 2014-2015 Band Class Schedule and what it says on your printed schedule
- Period 1 - Symphonic Band (listed as Wind Ensemble)
- Period 2 - Concert Band (Concert Band)
- Period 3 - Wind Symphony (Wind Ensemble H)
- Period 4 - Wind Ensemble (Wind Ensemble H)
- Period 5 - Studio Jazz Ensemble (Jazz Ensemble)
Congratulations to our very own Megan Trach, who was accepted to perform in the 2014 National Honor Concert Band in October. We are SO proud of you!!
Congratulations to Studio Jazz Ensemble on being selected to perform at the 2015 Jazz Education Network National Conference in San Diego in January.
Band Camp is HERE!! Welcome back to all of you! We are looking forward to an amazing 2 weeks!
The Beach Trip on Friday the 15th is MANDATORY and is part of Band Camp. We need your Student Trip Forms. Download them from your CHARMS page or get them here. Either way, these are due by Thursday August 14th.
STUDENT TRIP FORMS
The webstore is up and running! Please use the link to the left, as the one in the parent packet is incorrect
Missed the May 13 Information Meeting? Pick up your information packet here
Don't forget - ALL students in WE, WS, and SB have chair auditions the first 3 days of school. Please download and practice that music!
Needing a tax write-off? Look no further!!! Just click that little button below and you're on your way! Every little bit helps, and here's what you get for your donations!
- Star-$10-$49 WHSIMD Decal
- Celebrity-$50-$99 WHSIMD Coffee Mug
- Superstar-$100-$499 Name included in all concert programs and a WHSIMD Coffee mug
- VIP -$500-$999 Name included in all concert programs, 2 polo shirts, reserved seating at all concerts
- Legend - $1000+ Name included in all concert and event programs, 2 Polo shirts, end of year DVD/CD collection, 2 WHSIMD Coffee Mugs, reserved seating and reserved parking at all concerts and events
Food Truck Festival was a SMASHING SUCCESS!!! Check out some great pictures from the event!
*Concert Report Forms are in the Forms and Documents section
How to Get Community Service Hours?
Assisting Mr. Blake, Mrs. Fruehling, Mr. Payne at Los Cerritos MS/Colina MS/Redwood MS
Assisting with Elementary music programs
Give FREE music lessons to younger students
Playing in the Pep-Band at away football games (2 Hours a game)
Assist any performing arts teacher with any miscellaneous music related projects
Attending fundraising activities: Car wash, business blitz, earthquake kits, popcorn sales, Elvis concert, etc
Playing with a church music ensemble
Performing with small groups for retirement communities, shopping centers, events, etc.
Working the WHS Jazz Festival
Working the WHS Solo and Ensemble festival
Assisting with the All-District Band/Orchestra/Choral performances
Assisting with the sales of baked goods and beverages at WHS concerts
Ushering at Pierce College events
Attending Choir/Drama performances (1 per semester) (2 hours a concert per semester)