Regiment is the BEST social conduit for incoming students to WHS. Marching band will allow freshmen to:
Required: members must enroll in a concert ensemble, in addition to the 8th period Regiment Marching Band Class.
- Know the campus well
- Have friends in every class on the first day of school
- Have friends in EVERY grade, including upper classmen
- Have academic mentors who can help with homework.
- Have section leaders who are great role models for character and professionalism.
- Be part of the LARGEST and most visible spirit organization on campus.
- Do things they never thought they could.
- Performing in front of thousands!
- Work hard AND have FUN!!!
- The Westlake Regiment Marching Band is open to anyone who wishes to participate.
- Regiment membership is NOT a requirement to participate in the Westlake High School Instrumental Music Department.
- Students are required to attend Band Camp
- All Regiment members earn PE Credit. Four years of Regiment membership fulfill the WHS PE requirements.
- The competitive 2021 Regiment season concludes November 20, 2021.
- The Regiment has a design and instructional staff of over 10 highly experienced staff members.
- Regiment equipment, uniforms and props are transported in the WHS Band 18-wheel, 53', half-drop semi truck. (truck dads are welcome to join)
Monday 5:00 to 8:30 (Color Guard ONLY, stadium)
Monday 6:00 to 8:45 (Pit/Drumline ONLY, stadium)
Tuesday 3:15 to 6:00 (Brass/Woodwinds ONLY, baseball field)
Wednesday 5:30 to 8:45 (Full Ensemble, stadium)
Thursday 3:15 to 6:00 (Full Ensemble, baseball field)
Football games: Friday 5:15 to around 9:15 (Full Ensemble, stadium)
Not Every Week: Saturday 9:00 to 5:00 (Full Ensemble, football field)
Traveling Competitions: Saturday around 8:00AM to around 11:00PM (Full Ensemble, football field)
Each section of the band has a Section Leader (student leader), which are members of the RSL. If students have questions regarding music, marching, competitions, school, itineraries, etc., they should check with their section leaders first. Sections Leaders are there to help their sections.